Glenturret claims to be one of the oldest distilleries in Scotland, although it was dismantled for over 25 years before James Fairlie built a new facility within the walls of the former site in 1959, using old equipment procured from Perthshire neighbours, Tullibardine. Despite using traditional whisky-making methods, the distillery was also a pioneer, opening Scotland’s second ever visitor centre in 1981. It was then transformed into the home of The Famous Grouse by Edrington in 2002, before changing hands again in 2018 when it was bought by the owner of Lalique crystal, with premium collaborations between it and this previously lesser-seen single malt expected in the future.
This whisky has been aged in a combination of ex-American and European sherry casks.
One of 500 bottles.